Venue

  • Print

The conference will take place in the historic building of Villa Giustiniani-Cambiaso, Genoa.
 

Address

Villa Giustiniani-Cambiaso
Via Montallegro, 1
16145 Genoa
Italy

 

Villa Giustiniani-Cambiaso

cambiaso

Villa Giustiniani-Cambiaso has been a historic noble residence in the residential district of Albaro, just ouside the town center (10 minutes from the main railway station by public buses). The public garden presently surrounding the Villa represents a small portion of the wide park that in the past surrounded the villa stretching all the way to the sea. The villa, built on the slopes of the Albaro hill, was commissioned in the summer of 1548 by the aristocratic Luca Giustiniani to architect Galeazzo Alessi from Perugia. The style developed by Alessi for this building became a model and a source of inspiration for several other noble villas in Genoa. The ancient residence remained property of the Giustiniani family until 1787 when it passed to the Cambiaso family. The Villa became property of the Municipality of Genoa in 1921 and is today the seat of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Genoa.

The Villa is less than 2km far from Genova Brignole railway station (main railway station) and 2.7km far from Piazza De Ferrari (main town square). The villa can be easily reached from the town center by public transports (bus). The journey takes about 10 minutes by bus and 30 minutes by walk.

The Representative Hall of the villa has a capacity of more than 100 seats and various lecture halls, suitable for parallel sessions, posters and exhibitions, are available. The halls offer all standard equipment, amplifiers, microphones, and WIFI connection.

Lunches and coffee breaks will be served in the Villa terrace.